Monday 7 September 2009

Another week's flown by

Another week has flown in. What have I done? Few wee runs, ran 5 on tuesday, after yoga...which did nearly kill me! A wee run with Rory who did really good.

Ran a little over 4 with Karen on Saturday up and around Mugdock...we were both feeling gubbed and it was good that we had each other to get us out the door. I could have willingly not bothered. it was a wwet miserable morning. As usual felt great, after!!

Night shift went on for ever on Saturday night, didn't get home till 12 noon...making it an 18hr shift...then I volunteered to take Rory to the west distrct hockey trials. Thought I might snooze in the car while 'watching' but it didn't happen.

When the girls arrived for the ceramics in the evening I felt a little bad as I was knackered and one glass of wine just tipped the balance...so no running yesterday!

Today Karen picked me up in her brand new wheels :-) oooo yeeees the much anticipated, deep blue pristine SLK. Nice! Can I get one?

We drove down to garscube and ran along the kelvin to the Kelvin Grove and back, clocking up a sedate (trundlu=ing and slightly gasping)8 miles in 1h 11m.

All the movie catering vans were out in force...word has it that Euan McGreggor is filming his new film there K Grove), we did two laps of them but didn't lay eyes on a single celeb. Wonder if he'd remember me from the time I saw him in Guys and Dolls....???

Finally my Turbo x entry arrived just now.....number 1282. Check out this route...can't wait!

1 comment:

Subversive Runner said...

I might see you next week, Rach. I'm planning to hook up with my Texan mate, Stephen Wright, who's over for the Strathclyde USAR thing. There's a few of my lads coming up from London, too for the line rescue bit.