Monday 31 August 2009

TURBO X

Ran three on Friday around Tesco and Milngavie, 4.38 with Karen on Saturday out along the west highland way and back after a pretty quiet shift.
Hit Clydebank with the watch ridiculously early..17:30 which can only lead to well I really don't know...thought I would have remembered somethin by now but no luck...will tell you when I do! Not been sacked yet so it must have been within the law!

Anyway feeling pretty delicate on Sunday, Karen was good enough to meet me for a run along the canal, towards Dunbarton taking a few little detours to the Clyde along the footpaths. We followed the cycle path from Bowling hitting the top end of the Dunbarton 10k route before turning.
We weren't aiming to run fast, Karen having an Achilles niggle still and a little indulgence of her own....(almost new SLK..ooo.eerrrr. Let me have a shot;-))causing a bit of the favoured bubbly to be drunk in Hoose de K on Sat night. We did notice however that we kept having to slow down on the way back managing the odd sub 8mm....ooo way too fast for an easy Sunday don't you think!!

So I have today entered myself for the Saab Salomon Turbo X, Mugdock

For those who can't be bothered to follow the link here's what it says..

TURBO X IS PURE FILTH! The maddest, muddiest run of the Saab Salomon Trail Running Series and will not disappoint with 10 miles of the gnarliest mix of mud, sweat and trail! Hidden within a natural assault course of water, sand, marsh and muck lurks the SAAB X ZONE.... A 1- 2 mile section of the craziest trail terrain to push your stamina, agility and perseverance to the limit! You'll wade through watery wildness, clamber through mud, sand and bog, charging your way through the roughest off road track you can imagine!


Of course I run round Mugdock ever weekend...how hard can it be??!!



BTW I have titled this post turbo x with the hope that if I say it enough my running will start to be a little more turbo loaded....andn whatever the x stands for!
8m- 1:10

No comments: