Friday 28 August 2009

Who would of thought....

Those of you from around here will know that there has been a proliferation of shiny new PPI secondary schools appearing over the last wee while. Most of them opening this term.


A timely turnout for me this morning found me scouring one such building for a randomly numbered smoke detector. Whilst in the process of executing this duty I found myself staring disbelievingly at a tidy row of hair straighteners in the girls changing areas!! I won't go into too much detail about my school way back when, it was a good school but a hair dryer was not part of it's inventory...and the thought of the mankey cracked tiles, the side sprinkler shower run and the PE teacher Miss Sparks who used to stand at the end of it 'checking you were 'wet' (WTF); even though Tom cruise in mission impossible couldn't have got through that thing without getting wet!) still sends shivers down my spine.

So here I am staring at this classy row of hair straighteners and this sketch just popped into my head:

4 comments:

Debs M-C said...

OMFG! That's all I can say. x

Jo said...

Oh my giddy aunt!!! Wot next! Do you know what's really sad, the fact that some adults somewhere have decided that this is a necessary item in the first place!

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Apparently according to she who knows (Karen)It's because they identified that young lassies today can't cope with not getting their hair done and their make up on. That's apparently why so many of them won't do sport....so instead of draging them into the changing rooms to scrub eyeliner off them with a metal brush...nowadays they provide straightners and lit up mirrors to help them apply it better! This will ensure that they won't mid getting a bit hot and sweaty in gym! Wonder what's next. A bar at school for all the kids that can't get thru the day with out a bottle o buckie? tee hee