Saturday 21 March 2009

5/12

I began the week with a walk along Gullane beach. The weather on the east coast is so lovely compared to the west and the beach is beautiful! Here's some pictures...






The second week of 'ba' and loving it. We also had 3 tests this week which I am relieved to say I passed.

We had a pleasant surprise this week. The girl
I told you about, Donna, who was sent home with a broken arm was in so much pain last weekend she took herself down to the hospital in Glasgow. They dutifully removed her cast and re-xrayed it and guess what? It's not broken AND they set it dislocated!!!!
She's returning on Monday alas not into our phase as she will need to do ba with the other half of the course while we do wierd and wonderful things with cars.

Meanwhile we hafve all been deemed 'safe' to move onto 'Fire behaviour' next week. Will let you know next week if I get scorched.

My friend Karen, (who's also a fab hairdresser) answered my distress call yesterday; I've been having a nightmare with my hair. So now I've got a radical new hair do too....first time it's been short for years but I have enough to think about without worrying about getting balled out about my hair every time I remove my lid!....maybe a picture will follow later;-)

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

I don't think "maybe" I think definately a picture should follow on that new do!

I love the beach pictures! It reminds me of home and right about now with our weather, I sure could use the beach!

Subversive Runner said...

All sounding good on the training front, Rachel. Nice one.

You'll enjoy the RTA (RTC?)phase. Chopping up motors is good fun.

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

They always come up with new names..Road Traffic Collision apparently!

Davie said...

I used to think RTA was a bad acronym.
It implied there had been an accident rather than someone had been reckless or careless.
Loved watching the fire service free a casualty from a car, especially when the arse trapped was a wimp and totally to blame. The best one was in a BMW. Still had his sunglasses on and screaming like a wean with his twisted ankle. He could have walked and when the saw was switched on and he realised what was going to happen...... JOY!
He tried to sue and my statement to his lawyer's investigator was one of my finest moments!