Saturday 28 March 2009

Running catch up.

Before I start rambling on about Gullane I thought I had better put a bit in about running. I have been managing to get out most evenings for the ususal short run with Lynn which is just enough to keep legs in! On Wed 18th Lynn was away and it was such a beautiful day I skipped the refectory dash at 17:30 and headed out on a route one of the instructors recommended. Basically a right hand route...right at every turn out of the college. it is a pretty flat route but the freedom of running in the daylight was great. it turned out to be 4.6m so I headed out across the dunes 0.8m to the beach, ran along the beach and back adding on another couple of miles. As if that isn't reward enough I then headed out to the much praised chippy...Gullane Super Fry for tea.To my delight I discovered they serve with 'salt and sauce' which I thought was specific to Edinburgh...treats!

This week I did circuits on Mon, a couple of wee evening runs with Lynn and the 4.6loop on Thursday, this time with Lynn. The sky was blue but the wind was unbelievable.....making it a real resistance run..and one to certainly blow away the cobwebs!

No comments: