Sunday 11 October 2009

facebook friends


Today I ran a few miles round Mugdock with Karen. Robert joined us for the first 1.5 but had to quit due to a calf injury.

It was such changeable weather I didn't know what to wear and I was a bit on the toasty side..still we werent exactly reaching race pace so I survived!

As ambled along one of the forest pathways we encountered a group walking with a border collie who was sporting a giant stick... We had one of those polite 'annoyed I have to stop running to navigate around your dog but I'm glad it's not biting me' moments trying to dodge the dog and not even looking at the owners we eventually carried on past them, they were a tad embarrassed.

I forwarded a couple of pictures of the run to facebook, and logged on a little later to see how they'd come out. A comment on the pictures already, from an old school friend Russell-used to help me out with my paper round on really ghastly mornings at 6am many moons ago.....

"Ah, so it was you my Border Collie tried to trip up! Sorry"
(note that school was 320 miles south of here in cheshire!)

Small world eh! And we didn't even recognise each other!

Anyway the run was the best part of 6miles followed by coffee eggs and tattie scones...bliss

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

Oh how blogging and facebook make this such a small world!

I know what scones are but what are they if they are tattie? That's another word I have never heard of!

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

A 'tattie' scone is unlike scones you will have encountered before. They are made with mashed potato (Tattie), salt to taste and plain flour to make a dough. It is then fried and served up with a full breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausage, black pudding tomato fried and fried onion...ideally! It is one of the reasons that the scots have lots of heart disease, but they do taste fantastic!

Debs M-C said...

Ah a morton's roll with fried egg, tattie scone and tommy sauce! Perfect.

That's a great story btw. Small world indeed.