Saturday 4 April 2009

Week 7 already! (& a night at the museum)

This week was a bit of a change as it was spent in the company of Duradiamond trainers Gary and Sue. Both brilliant and funny (ha ha) tutors in the skills required for FPOS (First Person On Scene). I think I am getting used to the feeling of total information overload but I don't think I will ever get used to the feeling at the end of the week when I manage to regurgitate it (to my own amazement) for assessments and tests. What's more, & a relief for the public I may be let loose on, is that I believe I will remember it too!

In practice for night shifts I had agreed to take the kids to GSC for the 'moon watch sleepover' last night. A rather surreal experience in which a load of kids and parents/cub leaders arrived at 18:30, and then weren't allowed out till 08:00 the next morning.

The programme of events included planetarium shows, skype link ups with USA and Australian school kids and a few explosions under the guise of science...not to forget the death of Humphrey the stunt potato! I lasted till 01:30. The kids all made it to their sleeping bags before I woke at 6.30! Here's some pictures from breakfast!

yes keen blogspotters that is 'Superfit Dave' of hill running fame!



If you're still reading I am posting for your entertainment this little number from Baz. Don't know how I missed it in '99..must have been spending too much time listening to colourstrings and Mozart so my babies would grow up to be geniuses...now had they been listening to this.....

No comments: