Sunday 5 April 2009

New Territory!

After a busy week and late nights I really didn't want to run early. And so I stayed in bed only getting up when I was ready.
I then set out to meet another 'late' runner, my friend Karen, with the 'late' plan to run an easy 10.

Now when you run a lot it's hard to find new areas to run, and so when a friend suggests something new it's a good thing. And so when Karen suggested we run the old railway line from Strathblane to Kilsyth then cut off and run up into the as yet uninvestigated forrest...and investigate...I was happy to give it a try.
I was totally knackered and the first 4 miles felt long. We headed UP into the unknown. And up and up where we reached a T junction. I soon realised that I had approached this intersection from the Tower road end during another experimental run last May! We decided it was turning point and headed back making for a 10 mile route.

It wasn't that different but we have now got plans to investigate the surrounding woodlands and forests that lead off this route.

By the end of the run my legs were unsure what to make of the distance...not so long a go they would have classed it as a 'short' long run but having cut the mileage right back they were a bit shocked not to stop at 6-7!

Karen had brought salvation in the form of a flask of the BEST coffee ever, dark lindt chocolate and a banana...oh joy!


Karen relaxing after a lovely run

Just want to say well done to Ann and Theresa who both ran really well in the Paris Marathon today. 3:48 for Theresa and 3:50 for Ann. x


10m-1:32:42

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

That sounds like a great trail run you completed! I wonder, would you wear a different kind of runners for that kind of running then for road running!