Sunday 31 May 2009

1 week 1 post

Wow. It's about the longest I haven't posted since I started this blog.

Partly it's down to time but mainly down to the fact that the computer's never free when I am. Anyway, while I have a few minutes on it I will do a spot of catching up!!

Runs of note were..last Sunday. I decided to run from Mugdock across to Carbeth...ramble style...then try and locate the waterfall I had been to on the Thursday night with Superfit Dave!

3 hours later I had still not found the waterfall but had legs ripped to F and nettle stings up to my pants! Had scrambled over numerous barbed wire fences and made it back to the car. Objective may have failed but it was one hell of a run!! Dave will you show me the way again??!!

On Monday I took the boys for a 3 miler, tesco route, they were great and got all their chat...which is always an achievement!

Tues I went down to coach the kids at the club, they are all great and it was a pleasure to be back. Quite a few new faces as a result of the April intake..all keen...

Thursday was a beautiful evening and so while Rory was at Footy I took myself off to do the Bearsden and Milngavie 10k route. It was a great run, I didn't knock my pan in but I still worked...48 mins.

Friday I jumped over the final hurdle before deemed fit to be let loose on the public...then...get this...I was I.D'd in Asda!!!! WTF! How good is that. I don't care if the woman was needin' glasses, or the lighting's bad in there. So I had to get my beer elsewhere! No thanks to my best pal Val who, upon being told my story, gasped and with much emotion say 'UNBELIEVABLE!!!' Who needs enemies with friends like this hey!:-) The evening turned into a good one with triple measures of the very fine and notable Balmore darkest. Believe me the delicate state I found myself in on Sat am was worth it but a Sat run was out of the question.

Here's some pictures from last Thursdays run when I did get to the waterfall!!



2 comments:

FionaOutdoors said...

Hey, I wanna go to the waterfall too! Sounds/looks gorgeous. Tell me when you're next planning that run. x

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

will do! not that i can promise to find it!