Thursday 21 May 2009

A gentle Hill Run


It's been a while but I decided that, having been promised, a 'gentle hill run' I would head out with the hill runners tonight.
It turned out to be just me and Superfit Dave, the rest were either skiving or doing the Helensburgh 10k I guess.

It was a brand new route to me, and one that i am told you can only do at certain times of year...it becomes impassable as the bracken takes hold in the summer. So this was perfect timing.

We started just before the Carbeth Inn in turning on the left. We followed the track for a while, ran past the christmas tree place, then at some point cut up to the left. I followed Superfit Dave, who lead me faultlessly to an amazing waterfall which you can actually walk under! The name of the waterfall escapes me but it runs down from Kilmannan Reservoir. It was a wonder full sight all the more so cause it's so hidden.

I will post some pics later..when I get them from Dave's camera!

We ran back a different route to the car. All in all a great run..57 mins long!

No comments: