Sunday 10 May 2009

Passed out!


Well that's it. And so I am left with the mixture of the high of success and the low of realising it's all over! I've been pretty much living with my squad for 12 weeks...blood sweat and a tears shared and now that's it!

After a week of celebrations and display prep everything went more or less smoothly, (although there was no throwing of hats in the air like they do on Top gun...possibly cause we don't have hats)

Now I have a week off to catch up with friends and prepare for a bit of Strathclyde conversion before heading to my station on the 1st June! That's when it all really starts. The reason I joined in the first place...there will always be another door just ready to be opened. I can't wait to see where it takes me.

For now I am suffering a bit from the post course blues (can you guess?)...but as I have learnt from running (where do most lessons in life come from after all) the same slightly empty feeling after a marathon....Something that's filled so much time and taken so much commmitment- It won't last long and I will soon be climbing to the peak of the next high!

Who needs drugs?

3 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

Big congratulations, Rachel. Now the journey really begins.....

Coach said...

You are a star Rachel. Congratulations on passing the training. All the hard work must have paid off as you were are looking really fit, lean and mean when I saw you. Hope all that hard work translates into some good running. Good luck for the 2 weeks at Cowcaddens and your new job at Clydebank in June x

Alexandra said...

Congratulations! A new door is opening and I am excited for you!