Monday 8 June 2009

Campsie Calling


I decided to do my long Sunday run today. I headed out to Strathblane with the plan to do an out and back along the old railway line towards Kirky. As I drove along Strathblane Rd I kept glancing over to the Campsies, they were almost shining in the sun and calling out to be done!

So when I got to the Kirky Inn I just kept driving untill I came to Campsie Glen. Parked up and hit the hills.

After the initial climb...of about 1700ft you hit the top, and boy does it feel like you'r on top of the world. Glasgow one way, Lomond the other..numerous munroes that I have yet to explore...I could see for miles.

Then you get to run along the top hitting cairn after cairn like a big dot to dot!

I struggle up the hills but I love coming down them...the journey back is a bit like white water rafting without the water....an hour and a half later I was back at the car quads only slightly jellified.

2 comments:

FionaOutdoors said...

I've always wanted to do this run. You've inspired me. I shall suggest it to Mr Outdoors as soon as we get 2 hours to ourselves. x

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

You two nutters will probably do it in 30 mins!! ;-)