Thursday 18 June 2009

New running chums

Tuesday saw the juniors 3k race up at Mugdock. I was last runner therefore didn't manage to get any photos of them but it was a great race with a turn out of 59 young athletes all ready to hit the trail!

I have to big up my wee boy Cody who finished in an amazing 12th place timing 13:09 not bad for an 8year old methinks!! And he managed to swallow a fly and keep running...

Yesterday I got myself down to Pollock police hut to meet up with a rather sporty chap named Roger. He organises the Athletics for Strathclyde Fire and Rescue and a few police join in too I believe, Wed and Sun every week. We ran around Pollock...I never started my watch as I thought we were warming up at first, but a good steady 45min+ run was what ensued. Along with plenty of chat, mostly by him as I was trying to keep up and not look like each incline was killing me!!

A BIG good luck to all you West Highland Wayers, not that any of you need it.....look forward to seeing some of you in Milngavie and reading your reports when you've all completed!! xx

2 comments:

Davie said...

Funnily enough I never ever ran with the police team. See you tonight. Still 25 places available!

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Think I could do it wilth no training!!