Monday 15 June 2009

Suffering by proxy

Another week has flown in and here I am trying to remember what I have actually done! I ran with Karen on Thursday night...just a 4.5 mile route from the house. Great catch up but we really didn't break much of a sweat!

I was helping out at the Bearsden and Milngavie Highland games 10k on Saturday.....I should really have run it...I would have been the first female garscuber home...as there were none!! Come on girls what's that all about? I took Lucie and Cody along who did a cracking job of harassing each staggering runner into accepting a banana and a bottle of water.

It was another great event and one of these fine years I WILL run it!

I was all too aware of the crazy people who were commencing the Cally Challenge at 10am on Saturday. My friends Colin and Craig were part of the team interestingly named "Gut Buster" who finished the 54mile walk in an amazing 20h16!! Well done boys...I did my bit by sending the odd bad joke to raise their spirits and toasting them on the hour every hour with my G'n'T-Miller-Corona-Stella-bud...lost track after that!

Also well done to fellow blogger Mrs Mac and her team Strathaven Stragglers who also completed in 23h27. I just can't even contemplate being on ma feet for that long!

On Sunday feeling a little worse for wear after the hard work of supporting Gut Busters into the early hours..(I was at a very fine wedding reception too) Karen and I ran 5 miles in and out of Mugdock. Just enough to sweat out the alcohol!


And so after a week end of witnessing others achievements and pain I feel the need to enter something...have a goal...work those legs a bit, feel the burn! Sometime soon I am going to start some proper training...honest!

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Your weekend was packed to the brim!

I will be volunteering at an event for my very first time in mid July. I'm wondering if when the time comes that I will be wishing I was running the race.

I hope it's more their achievements that gives you motivation to enter something, and not their pain!

ianbeattie1 said...

Where abouts were you helping at the Milngavie 10k? I ran it and was looking out for any familiar faces, but apart from Marco and John Bell didn't see any. Tough course and a bit hot, but a good workout all the same.