Monday 8 June 2009

Midgies, Buckie and some wrongly convicted fugitives

Not a lot of blogging due to the fact there has not been a lot of of running, I managed an easy 3 miles on Friday while Rory was at Hockey. I ran with Karen and Robert, but that's about it. Part of the reason for this is that the kids were off on Thursday due to the elections.

I elected to take the kids up to Loch Lomond to get eaten by midgies. Not sure what was happening up Drymen way but I found myself behind a van load of fugiatives from my past. Unfortunately it was totally lost on the kids but I suspect some of you will understand!

Here's a few snaps from the outing, we started at Rowardennan and wandered along the whw, had a picnic then came home before becoming completely polka dot.





Authentic scotland....

The weekend was spent in Clydebank where I'm delighted to say I did get out in the big red truck. Wahooo!
Have now got a couple of night shifts then a big long holiday!! I would
rather be finding my feet at the station but I guess I shouldn't complain!

2 comments:

Debs M-C said...

Are you kids on the tonic wine already? :-) The perfect choice for some al fresco dining.

Were you bouncing about excitedly in the big red truck? :-) I would have been hanging out the window waving at everyone.

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

I did wave to a few kiddies...tee hee! Tell you what..the g w rd rocks when you got the blues and twos going!! If excitedly means being first with ma boots then YES!!