Tuesday 2 June 2009

Hope and Despair in Clydebank

I ran a hot 3 miles yesterday just round the Asda route..not wanting to over do it before my 1st shift!

I could have run long.

The bells went alright but after a 3 hour induction and a mind blowing info over load it turned out I couldn't even go on the run. My helmet broke and there was no spare to be had. One of the guys took a trip up to Helensburgh (..where they fix them...) but it seems a SMALL helmet is just too hard to come by on a Monday night!

So I opened and shut the appliance bay and kicked around the station like a work experience kid while the rest of my watch flew in and out.

If only Subversive and I could have swapped roles for the night we would have both been happy!!

The up side is that I am feeling like I know the station pretty well, met my watch who are all great, and have plenty to get ma heid roond!

I also managed to hit my yoga class this morning with the newly names mistress of tourture jo to whom I am ever grateful that she keeps me a space at all. It was a great session even if I am a stiff old bird!

No comments: