Thursday 2 July 2009

Help!

School Hols!!! Help! Extraordinarily hot weather!! Help!!

Trust me to get a job which requires me to wear a BLACK uniform as the light option and extra thick Kevlar gear the rest of the time just when Scotland goes continental!!

I think I have sweat at least half my body weight and I haven't even been near a fire yet!!

I popped down to the start of the west Highland way race where I was dazed and confused by the sheer number of peeps carrying out their own special pre race rituals. It was a pleasure to see and wave them all off from the prime viewing point on the wall in Milngavie. (Thanks Deb, would ha been lost wi out ya)Well done to all who did it..totally blows my mind!! It was great to meet Davie at last, sorry I didn't spot subversive and Mrs Mac tho.

Despite a lack of blogging about it I have been out running pretty much 5 or 6 times a week. Not always long but running all the same. I ran with Roger of SFR last Wednesday despite being very hung over, and run we did. All around Pollock Park, it was a great work out and much faster than I would have done alone.

There was a longer run last weekend along the strathblane-killearn-whw route. And a few wee jaunts around Mugdock. One with Daisy ma wee dug who never ceases to amaze me, she just runs and runs!Managed to make a couple of torturous yoga classes followed by the delights of the Blane Valley Inn, this was a surprise to the two locals who have never seen women before it seems! And so it goes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Black may be the best colour to wear on a hot day - though you may have to get a loose fitting uniform. Seems to work for desert-dwelling nomadic people such as the Tuaregs!
See http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1886/does-black-clothing-keep-you-cooler