Tuesday 7 July 2009

Ben Vane bagged at last!

Today I woke up early, the sun was shining, after a few days of intense decorating I decided it was time for some air, for me and the kids. We hit the hills...the one we have unfinished business with. remember..back in January? That's right...Ben Vane! A munro in the Arrochar Alps reaching 915m.

And so we set off with a picnic and a munro in mind.

We left the Inveruglas car park at 10am and hit the trail. map in hand.

Cody was a little unenthusiastic at first but by the time we had reached the bottom of the mountain he was more open to the idea.

Rory was complaining about blisters half way up...I was not impressed as he had insisted on wearing an old pair of hand me down hiking boots instead of his own with school socks it turned out! So I told him to get on with it..caring huh!





Anyway it was a fabulous day...Cody lead us up not always the most straight forward route but by far the most exciting.

We made the top in 2h40mins which I thought wasn't too bad!

The picnic was quickly devoured as was the view!


On the way down Cody once more chose the tricky route....only getting himself in a fix once!! He sat happily swinging his legs...and believe me it was pretty steep....when I reached him his words were..."well you're a firefighter now...it's your job to rescue me!" Cheeky wee rascal!

I finally took pity on Rory realising that the boots he had on were a size 5. I switched footwear with him...see I do care, and he was fine after that.

Here's a few more pics.














2 comments:

FionaOutdoors said...

Magic Munro bagging. That was a brilliant achievement for the kids. Must try to cajole Havana up there some day! x

ianbeattie1 said...

well done Rachel and especially well done to the children. That's a good walk.