Friday 6 February 2009

Well worth a wee tweak!

It was a glorious day today. -3 blue skies, snow on the mountains. I was glad that I had decided to break my Friday rest day rule and meet up with Karen for a run. I picked her up, sort of expecting a 6/7 mile run but she had other plans!








As you know I haven't run more than 8 miles since I fell but on the understanding that i was gonna be slow we embarked on an 11.5mile run..this is roughly the route.Karen and I at the base of Dumgoyne.


We did take it slow, enjoying the sound of the crunching ice and the fantastic scenery. We ran past the base of Dumgoyne along the pipeline from Strathblane. We hit the road for a small stretch at Killearn before picking up the west highland way...yes the bit with all the gates) back past the Beech trees pub. We carried on along the railway line back to Strathblane, passing, and getting a sneaky glimpse of the lovely Duntreath Castle on the way. Looking back towards Dumgoyne from the railway line.

It was a great route. Unfortunately despite being careful with the ice I managed to tweak my back in the last mile. The railway being particularly bad for ice and snow. It feels fine now though and I am delighted it stood up to the 11.5m. Helped along with lots of chat naturally.

Unfortunately there was no room in the deli cafe so we had to skip the coffee today. I am sure we could have found more to chat about....next time;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it's tough when there's no room in the deli!! Nice pics

Alexandra said...

Your pictures look so unique! I think I would enjoy running there with that kind of scenery! Thank you for posting them!

I hope your back is doing better, it is three days later now since your post!