Thursday 4 September 2008

Withdrawals

Well I have had a real humdinger of a week running wise. My daughter Lucie has been ill. (admittedly she has had a bad week too!) I have had band practice every night and I have not had chance to run.

I missed my first group yoga class on Tuesday which was a huge disappointment though.

Gradually as the week has flown by I have promised myself moments and gaps where I could fit in a run but it was not to be.

Jo used her yogi power and sensed I needed saving. She came round to the house this morning to do a yoga session with me here. I didn't quite manage to achieve the calm relaxed environment she affords me at hers but I did eventually find the matches to light a candle. Invoking calm of sorts!


Don't be daft I can't do this yet but when I can I will show you!

It was great and helped to alleviate the cabin/inactivity fever that was welling up inside!

Given that the gig is tomorrow we ran through all the songs, and left the studios early with an 'it'll be alright on the night' (nerves are building for the BIG gig.) We have sold in excess of 350 tickets which is great. We also had a top spot in the Bearsden and Milngavie Herald' (FAME!!)

Jump City
Grant, Colin, Ewan, Me, Duncan and Alistair (Greg the drummer missing)

Anyway back to the running!!

I got back at 9 and recruited Colin for a wee run....freedom (yes one of my songs;-))

We ran and chatted and enjoyed the clear night air. it was so good to run I was beginning to fret over my missed runs and declining state of mind!! It is a bit crazy the way that happens...it was only two days since my last run. (runners anonymous)

Easy to say now that I have run.....!

5.25m-45min

3 comments:

Jo said...

Like the photo rachel!

Am total dufus and bought the glasgow herald today, not the Bearsden and Milngavie herald so as I could check out the article on you guys. Next stop the Glagow Herald after tonights gig.

Am very excited about coming along tonight, I'll be the one dancing like a maniac pretending I'm 16 again! Then again that will probably be everyone there!

Break a leg sweetie!

Jox

p.s. Glad yoga session helped!

Clay Perry said...

what an interesting life you have

Alexandra said...

Hey! Would you ever be the band to play at the party after a race? We had a band playing after our race today!