Friday 10 October 2008

Brief catch up

Since last week I haven't done a huge amount of running. I decided to stick to running 3m easy till my knee was feeling stronger. I had a jaunt on Saturday and made it to about 2 miles before feeling any pain. I spent the whole day gardening on Sunday making the most of no long run!

Tuesday I did yoga..and worked really hard then a 3m fartlek with the kids on Tues- knee felt much better:-) Throughout all this though I have had the inevitable winter sore throat and impending cold. On Tuesday I received some fantastic news that I made it through the process..start training in Feb to be a Firefighter.

This called for celebrations...bit hung over on Wed! And sore from the yoga! It also turned out to be more than the throat could handle and so felt rather worse for wear on Wed!

On Thursday while Rory was at Footy I went to the gym- need to get my upper body strengthened up as much as possible before Feb.

So all in all not a lot of running but hopefully I will be back to it in the next few days!

Well done to everyone who did Loch Ness last week..specially Fi who did an amazing 3 35 and it was her 1st marathon!! Fantastic. And Debs who did the 10k...6 months pregnant!

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

I have tagged you! If you care to play along check out my blog post titled "You're it, I've been tagged!"

Congratulations on being accepted into firefighter school!

Debs M-C said...

A Firefighter? OMG! That's so exciting. and very admirable. Congratulations. From potter to firefighter is an obvious career move!
Debs xx