Tuesday 28 October 2008

Firefighter Fit


Had yoga this morning. At the start of the class my focus was shot...it was a bit better by the end! I am sitting out of the shoulder stands at the moment but still working hard on everything else. Still can't get up into the headstand (the proper yoga way) I have begun practicing handstands against the wall, which according to Noddy is the best way to get good core strength (which will help with the headstands) and along the way get 'Firefighter Fit!'. It is bloody hard! Not to mention the rest of the book...no need for a gym though which suits me fine. It's surprising how many of the excercises in this book are similar to the yoga poses and actions.



Not many junior coaches at the club tonight so I sent pack B out with A to do some 400m reps and took pack D. I am really liking working with these kids they are such a laugh. We did some short hills followed by a few school type drills/games in the car park. making use of the domes and dishes.

1 comment:

Debs M-C said...

Do you go to Jo's class at the ski centre?
When do you start your firefighter training? How long does it take? How you seen my WHW friend's - Dave Waterman - blog? He's a firefighter too.
xx