Saturday 18 October 2008

DAAA x country relay. Posties Park.

We managed to pull together a junior team for the x country today.

The weather was perfect x country weather. Wet and windy. The sun did make the odd appearance.

Posties Park is on the banks of the Clyde in Dumbarton, and so it is quite open to the elements.

Unfazed by the weather 9 kids turned up and we had a great result with our 3 U11 boys coming in 1st,2nd and 3rd, scooping 1st team place and our U11 girls getting the 2nd team place.

For my sins I had made a deal with Rory, IF he ran I would. I have to say I was dreading it. I had not done a x country since 2006 when I got stuck in the mud at Kirky...

As it turned out I really enjoyed it. It made a nice change.

Maz had arranged for a really fast City of Glasgow runner, Donna, to do my first leg which meant I had a great start in the second leg...trouble was I didn't know where I was going. Thank goodness I was no where near as fast as the rest and they soon overtook and led the way! The third leg of my team was being run by Chris Kilshaw..standing in as a girl. He was still warming up when I got in...I actually thought he had gotten bored waiting for me to finish and had set off early!

Will need to work on those hill runs to up my strength.



The adults teams did really well too getting 1st and 3rd womens team and Ben and Stephen had success picking up the 1st mens team too.

Great results for the club!





U11's & Rory in the U13's

No comments: