Thursday 25 December 2008

Christmas Day





Santa brought the Running Potter this. Having laboured through 'The Wind up Bird Chronicle' without much enjoyment (by the same author) it may seem strange to hear that I am delighted with it! I've only had chance to read the first few pages but I love it already. Haruki has hit so many nails on the head already, and clarified many thoughts I didn't realise I already had about running.

I can't wait to read more. Within the Foreword 'Suffering is optional' is the golden line. "A gentleman shouldn't go on about what he does to stay fit". he does though and it's a great set of thoughts and ponders, well worth sharing.

5 comments:

Davie said...

I've had that book lying about for a few weeks and haven't yet started it. Santa brought Dean Karnazes' 50 50 secrets I learned running 50 marathons in 50 days. And I've ordered Ultra running a step beyond from USA - apparently the bible of ultra runners. So Mr Murakami will have to wait a few weeks longer...

Hope you had a nice day,

Davie

Alexandra said...

Thank you for posting that post! I just ordered my copy of that book on Amazon.ca. I am in need of a new read and I should have my copy in 5 days just in time to kick of the new year with new running goals!

Debs M-C said...

I've had the book for a few weeks too. Saving it for for maternity leave or when I need inspiration for my comeback.

I bought Marco the Dean Karnazes book. He might have finished it by next Christmas. I read his first book...and thought he was a bit of t*sser %-)

Debs M-C said...

Are you going to change your blog name to Runner Fireburd? :-)

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Now there's a thought!