Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year

Having been away visiting family for the last week I haven't been able to blog quite so regularly. After spending Christmas in Cheshire we passed an afternoon in Derbyshire at my uncles 75th birthday celebrations, then 3 nights in Essex with my in-laws. 9 children and 7 adults. Need I say more. We arrived home last night travel weary and promptly exited to a NYE party to bring in the new year with friends.

Throughout the festive period I managed 3 5 milers and 2 3 milers. Not too bad. It was good to run in different locations, my old stomping ground of cheshire and the pretty essex countryside.

Looking forward to getting a longer run in this weekend though. The first of 2009 so I had better make it a good one.

This is the year of change for me as I start training to be a firefighter in February. Until I get through the 12 weeks training and settle in to a new life style, see what the impact is on the family, who have always had me at home,(or at the bottom of the garden!) I can't even begin to plan any running goals. So for now my motto is "run and enjoy".

Happy NEw year to all my fellow bloggers and those of you who have checked in on my progress. Hope 2009 brings you all health and happiness.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

I will be staying tuned to see how your firefighting training goes and also to see if you stick to your motto "run and enjoy!" I like that motto!

Best Wishes and Happy New Year to you!