Tuesday 13 January 2009

Yoga and the Mighty Deerstalker

Had a great yoga class today. Back to my favourite Ashtanga practice. Feel the muscle burn and quiver...and breathe at the same time.

Anyway I got home and decided I could wait no longer. I needed to enter something.

I've had itchy "online entering fingers" for a while now,as I would normally have a race goal or something by this time of year.

Fiona outdoors has been blogging like mad and her recent chat about the Mighty Deerstalker was enough to tempt my interest further.

Check out these pictures I have nicked from the site!








If I am shattered from the training at Gullane I figure I will still manage round this course for the hell of it. And I will even get to use my fab new head torch.




Now tell me you're not tempted? :-))

Here's what it says about itself!

The Deerstalker is a turbo-charged roller coaster of a run. It's fun, it's fast, it's action-packed and it's as tough as you can bear. This is Fun Run meets Fell Race meets Hellrunner meets Tough Guy. It's Rat Race in the countryside and it's much more besides.

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

Holy! Moly! Sounds extreme to me! I know that feeling of needing to be entered in something. I don't know what's worse, a marathon or this Deerstalker thing!!!

Debs M-C said...

I did the Deerstalker last year. I covered it for My Race and there's a report on my blog. It was an, erm, interesting experience.

FionaOutdoors said...

Go girl! You'll love it. The organiser has seen my blog and is telling me to enter now. Think I might! It's a lot of fun and there's no need to slog your guts out either. Just laugh your way round. that's what I did! x

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Yeah and you came...third!!