Tuesday 27 January 2009

Discomfortable yoga and a warm up

I decided to attempt Yoga this morning despite the ongoing discomfort from Saturdays fall.

I managed most of the class better than I had expected and I am sure it did me good! I missed out the poses that involved sitting on ones tail and had to lie on my front for relaxation!

The kids session was a parlauf, we do this by pairing the kids up then setting the course. We used the empty carpark at Garscube last night and set up a circular course with two bases on opposite sides of the circle. Runner one starts (at 1st base) and sprints to runner two (at second base) runner 2 then sprints the second half of the circle while runner 1 does a recovery jog to 1st base ready to be tagged by runner 2, runner 1 takes off and runner 2 jogs back to 2nd base. This continues for around 3 or 4 mins (or when they seem tired enough :-)) Then they break before we change direction and do it all again. It's a great session and the kids really go for it.

We followed that with a few short Hare and Hounds sessions, another great sprint and endurance session.

I only ran the warm up and down, unfortunately my lower back is still to sore to do more.

No comments: