Tuesday 20 January 2009

Crazy Yoga


Yoga this morning. The picture above is of Jo holding the position that she seems to think I, one day will achieve. It is the latest progression in the Ashtanga practice.

some of the other members of the class have just gone into this pose without batting an eye lid. I however can barely get my feet past my hands! After wiggling around and adjusting, (not very smooth or attractive!) I manage to get my legs the right side of my hands....but then I can't get my hands to stay flat on the floor! I feel a bit like Mrs Bean...you get one appendage in and another pops out, Ok that may have come across wrong.

Apparently it's all down to my hips...another common runners complaint...along with the tight hamstrings and tense shoulders.





Did a hill session with the kids tonight. They sprinted up the Murrayfield hill eagerly with enviable energy. The sum total of session for me was a mile down and a mile back.


2m

2 comments:

FionaOutdoors said...

I am completely with you on that pose. How on eaaaaarrrrrttttttthhhhhhh will I ever do it?!

Jo said...

Isn't it great fun trying though. It's a bit like being back at school gymnastics! One day girls - one day!!!!!