Monday 12 January 2009

Waning Gibbous




It was the usual run while the kids swam tonight.

I had been caught by the swim co-ordinator who wanted to talk to me when we arrived at the swimming class so my run time was slightly depleted. As a result I rushed out in my Fleece and then I ran at a slightly more steady pace than the usual 'easy recovery. I was seriously regretting the wearing of the fleece by the end of the 1st mile!

It was quite mild and there was a beautiful big moon in the sky. My curiosity was aroused, as I ran, as to whether it was actually as full a moon as it looked. The wonders of the internet confirmed that it was not. Apparently it was a Waning Gibbous 92% of Full. A whole 8% missing!

Like a minute or two would have made that much difference!

3m-26min

No comments: