Wednesday 14 January 2009

Slushy 5

It was a really miserable night tonight.

I could easily have stayed in and skipped the run! Fortunately I had arranged to meet Robert and so donned my running gear.

It was even colder than it looked when I get outside and there was persistent sleet falling blindingly as we ran!

That said by the 2nd mile I was starting to warm up a bit.

I had a bit of a stomach ache so was happy to plod along with no garmin. It was pretty slushy underfoot too making it rather too slippery to go any faster anyway.

I was feeling that uninspired when we set off I was keen to make it a short 4 miler. By the time we had looped back my enthusiasm had increased, and so we continued, to make for a slightly longer route.

Passed fellow Garscubers Ali and Euan (at least I assumed it was him but couldn't see all that well!) on Milngavie rd. Obviously they were going the other way!!

5.77m- 50 mins

Route: Stockiemuir-Mosshead Rd-Milngavie Rd-Mingavie town centre-Strathblane Rd-Rugby Club-Milngavie Rd-Canniesburn-Drymen-Gartconnell.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Thank goodness for keeping dates with running mates! Glad it turned out being a fine run for you taking into consideration all the not so pleasant circumstances!

Feel like playing tag? Check out my post "They Caught Me, I Was Tagged"!