Thursday 17 July 2008

Hot 8 @ 8

8am and the campsite sleeps. Early risers are in the minority. They sit proudly in the early morning sun with their prize....the freshest and most delicious pick of the onsite bakery! Croissants, Pain au chocolat, baguettes in all sizes and widths! By 9 30 the choice is much more limited. They sit quietly sipping their oversized coffee's.

I gave my Garmin plenty of login time today!! Pleased to say it coped well.

I ran out towards La Palmyre, It is 1.3m from the campsite along the cycle path. the small port is an array of colourful boats. The gentle clinking of masts and buoys is such a 'holiday' sound to me.

My legs were sore and achey for the first 2 miles, my left clf felt tight.....the heat even at this time in the morning was quite intense and so once more I considered it an achievement to be out and ideas of attempting to up the speed were shot!

Following the path around the outskirts of 'club med.' (which looks like a concentration camp from the outside with it's high fences and security! Not sure if they are trying to keep us out or the clients in!) I enjoyed amazing view across the sandy beaches and calm water. The 4th & 5th miles allowed some welcome shade. Just enough time to get my head together for the last stretch of the run back to the campsite!

8miles-1:10:47

No comments: