Saturday 12 July 2008

Pre holiday LSR

Given that we set off for France today, I new that there was no chance of doing the usual long run on Sunday. 8am on a Saturday seems so much earlier than 8am on a Sunday!

Leaving the family snoozing I set off with Robert for a Long Saturday Run!

The route was from my house, Drymen rd, Station rd, through Colquohoun Park, through Westerton to the canal. We then ran out along the canal past Bishopbriggs. We had thought that we might come back through the golf course at Cadder but I was keen to get back and wasn't sure of the distance so we just did an out and back! (so little faith!)

It was quite a good route down to the canal. Always good to have a few alternatives up your sleeve! Being the longest run I have done in quite a while (probably about a year!) and having missed last weeks long run I just opted to 'run' and not worry about the pace!!

Felt quite good for most of it, managed to chat and what's more keep going. I borrowed 3 SIS gels from Robert as I need to get my system used to them before the big day! I had forgotten how disgusting they are though!! (Karen and I used to call them sensation breaks' no prizes for guessing why!) I think they upset my tummy too as I had to make an emergency dash into Lock 27!!

My legs felt tired by the end and I was very glad to finish!! Left quad is a bit tender but otherwise a good long run ticked off the plan!!

Now the challenge really begins...keeping it going on holiday!!

I will keep you posted!!

17miles-2:31:29

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

I know where you are coming from with those gels! UGH!

I never find time to fit my runs in when I go away. They end up on the bottom of the priority list. Maybe you have better success at including them!

Have a wonderful holiday!