Saturday 15 November 2008

East Dunbartonshire Schools Cross-Country League

I had the great pleasure of seeing Paul Weller last night. Wish I could see him all over again tonight!! Only I would take stilts, had limited vision but somehow it didn't matter too much as he has such presence. It's the third time I have seen him (although the last two were in the 90's!) and he is consistently brilliant.

Rebecca,Lucie and Hannah


It felt very early this morning when we had to be in Kirky for 8:45.

Glad to say the weather was not Dreich. It stayed dry. The kids were however sliding around in the mud. Not many of them had spikes. Although only there in a parent capacity there was a good turn out and the winners of the P5/6 girls and the P7 boys races were both Garscubers, so well done to Fraser and Catriona.

P7 line up


Rory was the only P7 competing for his school and Lucie showed a great improvement coming in halfway up the field. Cody (P4) sneaked into the P5/6 race and did really well coming in near the front.

Cody in blue



We were all fair jeelit (sorry I couldn't resist given my recent research!) by the time Rory had raced.

To raise my own temperature while the kids hogged the shower I went out for a 4m run when we got back. I was aiming to take the 1st and 4th mile easy and try and keep the middle to at 7:30 pace or below. For some reason my garmin lost the plot but as I know the route I am pretty sure i achieved the goal! I reached the 3m point at 22:30. Knowing that the first mile was about 8mm that puts the middle two well above pace.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

The children look adorable! It's great to see they enjoy running at such a young age!