Sunday 16 November 2008

Mugdock to Drymen

Ran with Karen and Ian again today.

We started from Mugdock and ran out to Drymen.


Crossing the Blane Water with Dumgoyne in the background (above)



Gartness



View over Loch Lomond and surrounding mountains



It was a crystal clear day and quite mild.

We headed out over the moor which was particularly muddy due to the bucket loads of rain we've been having. After descending the ridge we picked up the WHW at the Carbeth huts. From there we followed the route into Drymen.

It was a great run and we really worked hard up the hills before the drop down to the car (which we had deposited there first thing!) I think even Ian took a moments pause during the climb or it could be that I had fallen far enough behind to be out of earshot:-) Most of the time he must have been breathing through his ears!

11,1m approx 1h50m

4 comments:

Davie said...

Thanks for that exercise tip. Only problem is I'd need a squad of firemen (or women) to get me upside down against a wall. Coordination is not my strong point!

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

I'm sure it could be arranged!

Debs M-C said...

Hey Rach. Looks like a great run.

Alexandra said...

I love your photos! The scenery in the last two remind me of the scenery in Nova Scotia. My brother's name is Ian! Glad you had a great run!