Sunday 2 November 2008

Pipeline




Despite an early night, when the alarm went off this morning, I could have quite happily have stayed in bed. The curtains were closed, the room dark, I was so warm and snugly.

Thanks to the limits of a full bladder I needed to move and what a good job I did. When I opened the bedroom door it was like that moment in 'The wizard of Oz' when everything goes technicolor!. The Sun was pushing into every corner of the house, even through the bathroom, wibbly window I could see it was a brilliant blue sky. So inviting. I looked out over the hills and got out there as soon as I could!

I ran along the pipe line that is a deceptively hilly bit of track between Strathblane and Killearn. It is littered with amazing views and on a day like today you can enjoy the mountainous views...some which had snow on the top. I met Karen and Ian, it was the first time I had met Karen's friend Ian and boy can he talk...up hills, down hills makes no difference to him:-) It was no time at all before we had 8 miles in the bag. 1:14 which was fine given the gates and hills and relaxed chatting pace.
Ian and I at the end of the run.

No comments: