Monday 10 November 2008

Lethargy


Kelvin Grove Art Galleries and Museums..end of mile 2


Totally lost my drive yesterday and missed my long run. Opted to stay in and drink coffee and eat cake. Well we all need to do that sometimes!

Still I really felt it today, lethargy seems to breed more lethargy!

I dropped the kids off at swimming and forced myself to take a longer route. Not just the usual 3. It was a very wintry night, howling winds, rain etc..By mile 3 I was wondering who had put lead in my shoes as it felt much harder than usual. The wind was pretty strong and somehow always in my face. I really felt like I had taken weeks off...not just one day.

I guess I have been taking things easy lately and I guess this is the result! Lazy legs! Anyway, I dragged myself round the planned route. Feeling quite pleased with myself for doing it, despite the temptation to skip the session and read a book in the warmth of the changing rooms!

While I love the whole mountainous, countryside, middle of no-where, fresh air thing there are times when city running is good. I do quite like running past fantastic architecture and perversely I enjoy the blended aromas encountered as you pass takeaways, pubs and that warm idling taxi's (Jo Malone take note!) I even enjoy the challenge of getting across the road without breaking pace or getting run over. A feat that often requires use of all the senses to achieve smoothly and safely!

Hope it was enough to lift me from the lack of motivation I have felt creeping up on me lately!

Cleveden Secondary-Grt Western Rd-Bank Street-Kelvin walkway-Sauchiehall St-Dumbarton Rd-Crow Rd-Anniesland Cross-Great Western Rd-Cleveden.

6m-50 mins

No comments: