Sunday 30 November 2008

Dumbartonshire x country Champs

Cody






I have been unwell this weekend with a nasty cold rendering me well wrapped and stationary. It was the kids who were out in force in the freezing cold and Mud that is the Dumbartonshire x country championships held in Kirky.

I was stationed inside with the laptop. Given the mind numbing task of sorting the results. The less said about that the better!

I have been sent photographic evidence of the little stars though who were out in the field running their little legs off! Cody managed to loose his shoe at the top of the last hill but still managed to complete the race in 7th position in the U11's (shoeless...... beat that Marco:-)

Rory was third Garscube U13 home and made up the 2nd team, Well done to Alistair Stanley who was 1st overall and Fraiser Knox who was 2nd Garscuber home.

The girls did well too with Rebecca, Nicola and Lucie making 3rd girls team.



Lucie, Rebecca & Lindsay.
























It's one of the toughest cross countries around, but I would still have rather been running it (yeah right:-))It felt like a bit of a marathon doing the results!

The adults teams did really well too getting 1st male and female teams.

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

Those kids are so cute with their red cheeks!

I hope you are feeling better soon and able to lace up the runners!

Wishing you well!

Debs M-C said...

Was this not your cross-country debut course a couple of years ago? I remember standing on the sidelines listening to you shout over "what's the point in this?" And that has my general thought on cross-country since then.

What little troopers you have. Finishing with one shoe missing is quite special. Did you send him back to get it? :-)

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

You are correct:-) And I thought I was the only on whom it made an impact. I still have nightmares about it!! Give me a treacherous hill run in the dark and snow over a field full o' cow pats anytime!
I believe he did go back for it and a 'man' had managed to fish it out for him with difficulty...so thanks if the 'man' if he reads this:-)

Colleen said...

wow there are so cute Seattle Real Estate