Friday 22 August 2008

Running and talking

I never usually run on Fridays. It's my official day off.

Then Rory my eldest son asked me to go out for a recovery run with him. How could I refuse.

It was really good to run with him. He is usually a boy of few words, not unusual for an 11 year old (we had a conversation about 'monosyllable answers' just yesterday!) but the running seemed to shake a few words out of him.

Maybe there will be more mum-son runs to come!



We ran down through the wedge past Mac Donalds onto Milngavie Rd through Lennox park round Tesco and the railway station back alond Strathblane Rd, rugby club and back up the wedge.

3m-29mins

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

That is so nice you got to have some one on one chat time running with you son.

My girlfiends and I agree that when we run, something happens and we open up and start sharing things we might either-wise keep private. When we realized this was happening, we made an agreement that what gets said on the path stays on the path!

Here's to hoping you have more run times with your son and that more chatting happens!

Davie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog re Irvine 10k.
i see from the results you are a clubmate of Debbie and Marco. I see them occasionally in the Vale where I do most of my training. No doubt we will meet some time in the future.
Best wishes

Davie