Sunday 31 August 2008

10 miles

I was meant to run 20 today. I wasn't sure how I would be after the physical test but it seemed that it was just my arms that were suffering.

I decided to get out there and see how it went!

I met Robert and we set off at an easy pace to test the damage!! By the 3rd mile I knew that it was a bad idea for me to do the full 20. The tops of my calves were suffering and the back of my knees. The result of running in Firefighters boots! The extra weight had left it's mark.

I was really reluctant to cut the 20 miler as it is officially the last 20 miler I have scheduled before the marathon. While I know it is a bad idea to play catch up I am trying to work out if there is another opportunity...I think I need it on a psychological level!

My body did feel like it had run 20 and we really picked the pace up in the last 2 miles. Lifting the slow pace to around 7:30mm

10m-1:32

No comments: