Friday 29 August 2008

West End 10

The second week running (scuse the pun) that I have broken my 'never run on a Friday' rule.

I had an evening run down to the west end and back. It was my usual route Maryhill QMD, Grt Wstn, Switch back.

As I didn't get out till 7 30pm the comments received down the Maryhill Road were of a coarse nature, and there was some basic discussion about the merits of my skins shorts on Queen Margaret Drive. Luckily I have learnt not to respond and have trained hard enough, abstained from nicotine and alco pops that I can keep one step ahead (literally) of the audience.

If nothing else it helps to keep the pace up and the focus present.

I was feeling the effects of last nights yoga class. (everywhere) but I could also feel the difference it is starting to make. My core is starting to strengthen up and I feel much more solid in my running. Still a way to go though. All the flats and downhills were 7 30-8mm but I am still loosing time on the inclines.

10m-1:23:27

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

The nerve of people and their comments! I guess it is universal for those out-of-shape low lifes to feel they have to let us know how jealous and envious they are and really how low they are too! It's always best never to give them the time of day!