Tuesday 5 August 2008

Running to Jump City

Time was tight today. With the children off school and the junior section coaching, I had to meet the band, (Jump City) at the Rehearsal Studios in town from 9-12 (Yes we are actually practicing for the Renfrew Ferry Gig!!) The only way I could see to fit anything in was to run to band practice.

When I got home from the club at 7 45pm Jeremy had made a fantastic supper which smelt divine and was torture, I was tempted just to eat and drive to practice in a civilised fashion....but I didn't. I took the risk with the Tupperware, filled it to the brim, taped it up and put it in my camel back.

I really do not like running with a back pack on, but knowing that the only options for food at the studios is vending machine chicken soup, I strapped it on, set my ipod onto the Jump City Playlist, and headed out.

I have been stretching (I think Stephens stretch is magic, see comments on last post), massaging, icing, rolling and I was hopeful that my legs would be recovered enough that I could get into Glasgow swiftly as I didn't manage to leave till 8.10pm.

I always like to run from A-B, it is much easier psychologically!! I set off cautiously, by the time I got to Broomhill I felt great and relieved that my knees and hips weren't complaining. Slight tenderness in my thigh but nothing to worry about.:-)

I wasn't exactly hammering along but I had a good smooth steady run and felt great by the time I got to the Clyde. The light was fading and all the lights along the river the bridges, science centre, Hotels and TV buildings were reflecting off the rippling water. Glasgow was looking as good as any city. What a great reward at the end of a great run.

I may yet manage to run the iom half on Sunday! :-)

Oh and by the way...my dinner arrived well mixed but un-spilt...and tasted even better for the journey!!

Route, Home-Drymen-Switchback-Anniesland-Crow Rd-Expressway-Clyde cycle path-Lancefield St

6.8m-56:34 average 8:19mm

No comments: