Sunday 3 August 2008

Wahoo! 20 and still standing!

Wahoo! Got the first 20 miler under my belt this morning:-)

It was a bit of a shock to the legs as it's been a while!! I won't lie- I did struggle and it was very painful. I seem to be having trouble with both IT bands from 17 miles onwards, more rolling in order me thinks!

Ran with Robert from Bishopbriggs out along the Canal through Twechar and onwards. I really like this section of the canal and it is one of my favourite 20 mile runs...partly as you can just relax into the run and appreciate the fresh air, barges, swans, surroundings and so on without the distraction of traffic.

I had planned to get some pictures but by the time we had finished I didn't have the strength to lift the camera!!

Time was 2:58 so not great but all I was bothered about was getting the distance in!! Will hope to improve time on the next one!!!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Good for you for getting that run under your belt! The next one will be easier! Keep at it!