Thursday 29 May 2008

20 min tempo

I had a small window to fit a run in tonight so I took it.

The plan said 30 min tempo but after the last couple of weeks I felt that was a bit too ambitious so I knocked it back to 20 mins.

I ran from Garscube down Maryhill road and immediately regretted wearing a long sleeve top. It was roasting. The taverns down Maryhill road were bursting at the seams and the smokers were working really hard at creating a few clouds for me to run through.

I ran down to Queen Margaret Drive then back up the Great Western Road. As I dodged the punters at the Maggie van and turned the corner I realised that I should also have had my sunglasses on, the sun was so big and low in the sky, there was also a bit of a head wind. It's a miracle I didn't run slap bang into someone as I couldn't see a thing, except for the odd double decker providing a moment of shade as it thundered past!

I don't know why but tempo sessions never end on a flat or downhill stretch. You can guarantee that if you see a hill in the distance and you only have 5 mins to go...they will not be up till the moment you reach the top of the hill!

1 mile warm up (approx 9mins)
2.68m-20 mins (7:27mm)
1.86m-15:55mins

5.54miles-44:55mins

No comments: