Saturday 3 May 2008

Wheezing Upwards


Ran at 8.30am with Robert.

Started at Clober car park,took the steep route out up the steps into Mugdock. Did a complete circuit of Mugdock park then back down the infamous Khyber...rather down than up! The last 2 miles were back along the very familiar west highland way.

Wheezing up the hills during the first two miles was the perfect way to kick heart and lungs into action. It was a comparatively warm morning and I soon realised that 2 layers was 1 too many.

We managed the middle section predominantly within the goal pace times and even managed to chat while we ran.

When I got home I did 10 mins with the roller. (my husband, Jeremy, offered to take some footage for the blog; but I don't think the world is ready for that!) I have to admit that even after this short time I think all this rolling is working. The stiffness I usually get in my hips is no longer as bad, the big test will be tomorrow after the longer run.

Goal was a pace run, easy start easy finish, 4m pace 8-8.5min pace.

6.1m-55:59mins. Average pace 9:10mm. middle section 7:54-8:46mm.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

...and parts of the world are checking out your blog! Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! We runners are different and will do anything to ease pain no matter what it looks like! Best wishes with your training!

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Thanks for reading! Great to get comments.... especially all the way from Calgary:-)
R x