Thursday 22 May 2008

Home 6

Today I was not feeling great. I won't make excuses though. The plan said tempo and I knew I was not up to it tonight.

Ok I changed my mind- here's the excuses:- youngest son was throwing up ALL night and into the morning...managed to hit all the carpets, books, walls, you name it.... When not trying to be sympathetic, I have been shampooing carpets and disinfecting everything else. Stuck in the house all day I should have relished the run, but I just felt tired and crotchety!

Having got the first mile and a half over (the 'easy' bit), I made the decision to salvage a half decent run out of the situation rather than totally fail to hit any of the splits and feel worse. So I just tried to run steady and clear my mind a bit.

The route was the same old- but the harder way round. (That didn't help with the mental approach) Up Stockiemuir, down Drymen Rd to Canniesburn, Back up Milngavie Rd, Up over Craigdu and back down Stockiemuir.

The average pace was 8:25 but that included an easy first mile and a half @ 9:30.

Better than no run at all!

Rest day tomorrow......what will I do with myself?

5.95-50:03

1 comment:

Coach said...

Good steady run and we ran some of the time close to tempo pace. Heather said we were flying near the end so we could not have been slow all the time. Tempo's are hard so if you are not up for it you made the correct decision. Put this week down to a low mileage week.