Tuesday 13 May 2008

Another Tuesday. Another set of 1000's.

My Mum and Dad were visiting today so I was able to do the Reps earlier before the kids session. It seemed to agree with me managed 5 this week as promised, much better times too.

It was also a bit cooler, the sun was still shining, but there was a delicious cool breeze.

The local kids were out 'fishing'. This is a peculiar practice where they lie their rods down in the water, drink beer and heckle runners. (quite politely -this is Bearsden (sic)) I have never yet witnessed any of them catching a fish!

By the third rep they had run out of whit less comments so we managed the last two in peace.

Robert ran consistently 1 metre ahead of me (I think he was showing of to the fisher boys!)

I then went up to the club for the junior session. We decided to take the kids to Maryhill park for some hill reps. It is good watching hill reps...so much easier to shout encouragement.


splits: 4:04, 4:04, 4:06, 4:06, 4:04
Kids session: 2 miles slow jog to reps session

3 comments:

Debs M-C said...

Hey Rach,
Where do you do your 1000m reps?
x

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Kilmardinny Loch...if you ever fancy joining in just give me a shout.
x

Coach said...

Great session, splits much better than last week and consistent.Best reps yet and we pushed up to 5. Not long before we push under 4 mins in a few weeks.