Sunday 4 May 2008

Long Slow Run

Sunday morning is when I do my traditional Long Slow Run! Today we ran from my house, towards Glasgow. A couple of miles of road before we hit the River Kelvin and stuck to the river until the Botanic Gardens. We then decided to cut back along the not so picturesque Maryhill Road. (I wanted to check out Maryhill park for potential kids sessions!)

It was a good run and a change from the usual routes we tend to do. I felt good and feel my strength is returning on the hills.

We took a slight detour round Kilmardinny Loch on the way back. There seemed to be a swan convention going on. There were 3 of them! To my knowledge Swans are quite territorial and usually only one couple per Loch? Maybe the third was just trying his luck?

11.01m- 1:41:06min
Average pace 9:11mm

2 comments:

Coach said...

Good long run, ran the hills really well, best since 2007. No breathing issues. Good weeks training and got stonger as week went on. Total mileage 33.

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Thanks 'coach':-)