Tuesday 20 May 2008

Oooo's & Ahhh's & not many reps!

Woke up this morning feeling like I had been dropped from a great height!

I was unable to move anything at all. I took a deep breath, gritted my teeth and swung my legs round to the floor, trying to make it to a sitting position in one go...to get the pain over quick. Another deep breath was required to get to basic standing position. I totally failed to get a tee shirt or jumper on so settled on a button up top and cardie.....

The rest of the day was pretty much like this, compromises, reduced movements and lots of 'ah's' and 'oooo's'.

As the day wore on I began to work out that it was my upper body not my legs that were really sore. So decided that I could still do the usual reps.

I was feeling really weak and pathetic...and I was!

I had thought that once I got started I would get into them and I would feel much better. I didn't!

I did the first 1000 in 4:08. Not too bad, but it totally wiped me out. I did two more both in 4:18 and called it a day. Todays session should have been 5x1000.

I hope that my body will get used to this new exercise and I will be fitter, faster and stronger...real soon!

No comments: