Thursday 1 May 2008

Early Tempo

Not being a morning person actually getting up to run at 7am is still quite an achievement for me. I certainly don't spring out of bed, more of a blind stumble and it takes at least half an hour for my eyes to open. I could easily have given it a miss but I knew Robert would be outside waiting spot on 7. It's good to have a plan!

Given the early rise we took the first mile as a really easy warm up through the wedge out towards Clober. We then upped the pace. 7.5 min miles for 20 mins was the goal. I led the first 5 and quickly found the pace with the help of my trusty garmin. I was pleased to discover I found it ok. By the time Robert took over the second 5 min block I felt well into my stride.

Nearly got run over as we ran past Kessington Garage. A car pulled straight out missing me by about a cm, she was totally unaware of the near miss as she was too busy looking in the opposite direction! Still it gave me chance to practice my 'sudden burst of speed'. I will try and use the experience to my advantage next time I am approaching the finishing line!

The route took us along Craigton Rd, Milngavie Rd, West Chapleton, Manse, Kilmardinny n back up Stockiemuir. The 20 min tempo block was done and dusted by the time we were half way along West Chapleton which meant we could take the last couple of miles easy.

5.01m-41:43mins
Middle section 7:15-7:34mm

1 comment:

Coach said...

Pace varied from 7 to 8 min miles. Best Speed from you in ages. You looked good and I had to work hard to keep up. Breathing better today. Good signs today you are heading in right direction but lots of hard work ahead. Good session.