Wednesday 14 May 2008

Bluebell recovery

Daisy and I got adventurous with our route today. I'm a bit restricted as I can't take her any where near a road. I just can't run with her on a lead and she has no road sense! I also need a route that's really close to the house. This is why we nearly always do the same 3 mile recovery run...it ticks all the boxes, I don't have to think about it, and I can be out and back in no time at all. There are however days when you need a change...it is shocking to say that the west highland way can become boring when you live so close and run 6 days a week!

Taking advantage of the dry weather we ventured along the trails made by foxes and deer...only had to reroute a few times due to disappearing trails...swamps and bogs.

We climbed to the top of the hill in the wilder bit of Mugdock park, enjoying the views and lush greens in the scenery.

The bluebells are stunning just now.

I took my ipod along for the first time in ages. I forgot to set it to my running play list so had a few strange tunes pop up...it was on shuffle. Even though they are all my tunes it's always a surprise, strange combinations like 'Dan Baird and the Sofa Kings'...followed by 'Simon and Garfunkel' :-)....not like the old days when you knew the whole of your diy compilation tape you had lovingly created fro your trusty Walkman.

I still expect 'Echo beach' to be immediately followed by 'Walking on sunshine'!

I got a surprise package in the post yesterday....a BIG blue foam roller. It is so much easier to use than the pipe..and a little less painful. I will post a pic when I take one!

3m 31mins (stops and starts due to bogs and marshes) mainly 9:30mm

No comments: